Air Conditioner Maintenance
Central AC Tune-Ups For Harbor Springs, Charlevoix, Petoskey and More!
Like your car, your home's air conditioner needs regular maintenance to keep it operating a peak efficiency and to prevent excess wear and tear that could shorten the lifespan of the unit. Annual AC maintenance will also ensure that the system maintains optimal comfort and doesn't waste energy.
Consider the following facts:
“A dirty filter will slow down air flow and make the system work harder to keep you warm or cool – wasting energy and leading to expensive repairs and/or early system failure...A buildup of .042(1/20) inches of dirt on the heating or cooling coil can result in a decrease inefficiency of 21%.” – EnergyStar.gov
“1/8th of an inch of dirt and dust build-upon the blower wheel can reduce airflow by up to 30%” – Texas A&M Study
It's best to schedule your AC tune-up before the warm weather arrives so a MacGregor HVAC specialist can check that the coolant level, belts, fans, motor and other components are clean and in good working order. Also, be sure to let MacGregor know if you have been experiencing any problems with your cooling system, including:
- Loud or unusual noises when running
- Running significantly longer than it has in the past
- Cycling on and off for short periods of time
- The indoor temperature does not reach the temperature set on the thermostat
- Frequently tripping the circuit breaker
- Strong smells when running (it's normal to smell some odors when running a furnace or AC after it has been off for an extended period of time)
- Condensation on windows
Schedule your central air conditioner tune-up today and you'll have the peace of mind knowing your cooling system is ready for the hot, humid summer days ahead.