Heat Pump Installation For
Harbor Springs, Charlevoix, Petoskey
And Surrounding Communities
Heat pumps provide efficient, year ‘round comfort. A heat pump is used not only to heat your home in the winter but also to cool your home in the summer. It does not use an electrical element or burn fuel to produce heat, but uses the same principle as a refrigerator and air conditioner, which is the Freon evaporation cycle. A heat pump system combined with a natural gas or propane furnace allows you to switch to the cheapest heat source depending on the market prices.
During the heating season, heat pumps move heat from the cool outdoors into your warm house and during the cooling season, heat pumps move heat from your cool house into the warm outdoors. Because they move heat rather than generate heat, heat pumps can provide up to 4 times the amount of energy they consume.
Heat Pump System Terms
- HSPF: The Heating Seasonal Performance Factor is a measure of the heating efficiency of a heat pump. The higher the HSPF number, the more efficiently the heat pump heats your home.
- SEER: SEER (Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio) is the measure of efficiency by which the cooling process of air conditioners and heat pumps is rated. The higher the SEER rating, the greater the efficiency – and therefore greater energy savings.
- Refrigerant: R-410a (also known as Puron) is an environmentally-sound refrigerant designed to not harm the earth’s ozone layer. Federal law requires that all manufacturers phase out R-22 (better known as Freon) and other ozone-depleting refrigerants in the next few years. R-410a refrigerant is approved by the US Environmental Protection Agency as a replacement for R-22.
- Standard Blower: A standard blower delivers a specified amount of air flow based on a tap setting.
- Variable-Speed Blower: A high efficiency blower that is designed to deliver a varying amount of air flow based on the desired outcome. These blowers increase the effectiveness of humidification, dehumidification, air filtration and balance of air flow.
- Humidification: This is the process of adding moisture to the air by using a whole house humidifier. During the winter months, heated air can make your house too dry. Adding moisture protects your furnishings and reduces static electricity. Coupling a humidifier to a variable-speed blower gives you the ability to manage your humidity to the exact level you would like.
- Dehumidification Mode: The process of varying air flow and compressor operation can allow certain air conditioning applications to manage exact indoor humidity levels.
- Electric Heat Staging: The ability to bring the electric back-up heat in stages as opposed to coming on all at once.
MacGregor offers a wide range of home heating & cooling systems that will fit every budget and meet every comfort expectation. We will custom install the best system to meet your specific needs. Heat Pump replacement is a major investment. Let us help you in choosing the right heat pump that is best for your home. We are a proud Factory Authorized Dealer of Bryant Heating & Cooling Systems.
Ready To Install/Replace Your Heat Pump System?Let one of our friendly and experienced Comfort Consultants give you a free in-home estimate. They’ll study and discuss any concerns/problems that you may have with your current comfort system. They’ll review all system recommendation options and help you with finding the best home comfort system that meets all your family’s needs and budget.
We offer 24-hour emergency service in the event that your heat pump system breaks down when you need it to work most. Our Service Partner Plan ensures that you receive discounts to maintain your heat pump system to help avoid unnecessary repairs. We can even help you finance a new heat pump. With all of these options, we take the guesswork out of choosing a heat pump system. Call 231-526-9633 or Email to schedule an estimate today!